CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
All activities are suspended through the end of 2020 or until further notice for Wisconsin Women Cycling & WWCycling Club. We recommend…
Stay Safe. Stay Healthy. Stay Home.
With their announcement in July 2020, USA Cycling has posted COVID-19 guidelines for club and race directors. Regardless, Wisconsin Women Cycling and WWCycling Club have decided we are too small of an organization to take on the liabilities. We both will suspend all summer organized group rides, clinics, and events. This includes the Tour de Belle Vin .
Club memberships paid will be good through the 2021 season. It is no problem to have it returned. Simply send me an email and a check will be mailed to you.
As sanctioned USA Cycling Club, it is important to follow their guidance. As an individual, if you venture out on your bike and happen to meet up with others to ride with, we want you to be safe. Be smart and keep your distance.
If you should meet up with others that are not from your household, it is recommended*, for the health and safety of all, to be mindful to …
- keep a 6-ft separation and communicate with those around you
- bring along wipes or hand sanitizer and a mask, in addition to your flat pack.
- if riding side-by-side, keep a distance of 6-feet between you and other cyclists or pedestrians. If riding in a line, the USA Cycling announcement recommends 20 feet between.
- organize as small groups/waves of 10 or fewer cyclists.
- not ride above your skill level, on-road or off-road. It’s never a good time to get hurt and now it is not a good time to add to the stresses of our medical system.
- if there is a place of gathering (examples: parking lot, trailhead, stop sign, water break) keep your 6-ft distance by communicating early and ofter your position to others around you
- if you or someone has a flat, only work on your own bike. You may give guidance but at the 6-ft distance. Here a great video on Fixing A Flat Tire by Park Tool.
- if on your bike you have to spit or clear your nose, announce it and move out of the way so not to get it on others
- communicate with those around you
Let me know if you have any questions.
I can’t wait to ride with you all!!! For now, take care
last updated 7/1/2020
* Additional resources
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019
- CDC General Business Frequently Asked Questions: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Back to Work Safely webpage with guidance for gyms and workout facilities as well as other sectors: www.backtoworksafely.org
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: www.osha.gov