Group Rides – Descriptions and Schedule
If you or someone you know is interested in riding with other women or to get in training, outdoor group rides begin in the spring. As for winter/off-season training, indoor training usually starts in late October or early November.
Social The pace & route is dictated by those interested. These are destination, no-drop group rides on urban trails or bike-friendly roadways.
Beginner <7 mph, no-drop group ride (sometimes 1-on-1). Unstructured, slow-roll on urban trails or bike-friendly roadways.
Casual 8-13 mph, no-drop group ride learning group-riding skills.
Intermediate 12-15 mph, no-drop on moderate to hilly roads learning or honing group-riding skills.
Brisk 14-20 mph, no-drop ride over a 15-30 mile route. Paceline and drafting are practice and the terrain is moderate to hilly.
Advanced 20+ mph average with regrouping over a 20-40 mile route. Paceline and drafting are practiced on terrain of moderate to very hilly roadways.
Core GROUP RIDES
Since start locations alter from week to week follow us on Facebook to keep up-to-date with the schedule. Become a member and you’ll be sent reminders of rides, events and other Club communications.
Generally, we ride out together, the faster group takes a longer loop and catches up with the more casual group(s). Then we all ride in together. Based on interest, we tailor each group ride to best fit the needs of who shows up to each ride.
- Monday Night Women-Only Ride – Beginner, Casual and Intermediate groups
- Wednesday Night Co-ed Group Ride – Casual, Intermediate and Brisk groups
What: Fun and training rides – For Youth and Adult Ladies
When: The times listed below are the START time. We ask you to arrive 15 – 30 minutes earlier so you don’t feel rushed as we roll-out.
6:00 PM, May – September 5:30 PM, late September and into October
Where: Locations rotate for the week depending on when in the month the Wednesday falls.
Cedarburg on 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month, Start/Finish is at the Wisconsin Women Cycling Studio parking lot – W65 N630 Saint John Ave, Cedarburg, WI 53012
Grafton on 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month – Start/Finish at Veteran’s Park shelter – 1000 13th Avenue, Grafton, WI 53024
TBD if there is a 5th Wednesday in that month
INSERT CALENDAR WIDGET HERE
Check the calendar for start location and times.
- Monday Evening – Beginner, Casual-to-Intermediate No-drop women’s group ride.
- Tuesday Morning – Brisk-to-Advanced Women’s hills ride. Considered a regroup ride, we roll out at 6:00 am on 17, 22 or 28-mile routes.
- Northwoods Laser & Embroidery, 2nd & 4th Tuesday
- Cedarburg Community Gym, alternating with Northwoods start
- Wednesday Evening – Brisk-to-Advanced No-drop co-ed ride
- Thursday Morning Coffee Ride – Casual-to-Intermediate
- Friday Morning Coffee Ride – Brisk-to-Advanced No-drop co-ed ride
- Hills Training – Each is a 3 to 4-hour training ride on different routes.